Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Calligraphy


I began to be interested in calligraphy even before going to elementary school.When I was 6 or 7,one of my parents' colleagues is well known for his beautiful handwriting.He's Mr . Jing,the calligrapher of the school.I was honored to see his 'studio',and we can not consider it as a studio now.It was s a very small room in the 3rd floor of an old,dark and somber wooden buliding,full of ink,paper and odors.When I first used the Chinese brush write an Chinese character 'wan',which means night in English,Mr. Jing and my mother both clapped and shouted 'wow'.I wasn't apprenticed to him because I alway want to get everything done in my own way.I didn't keep practicing Chinese calligraphy and pen-and-ink calligraphy is all I have now.Freestyle!No rules and regulations in calligraphy.Feeling goes before writing.Writing follows feeling.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations for your blog, excuse me my english, is very bad, sorry.

epeius said...

Thanks a lot!
Your English is OK!

Mick Brady said...

epeius, thank you for reminding me of the "I live for art" post I had on my blogsite, Dancing in Tongues. I had forgotten about it, and like it so much I will post it again.

Your site is great. Keep living for art. Check out my other site, mikimojo.com, which is about art and writing. I'll add you to my blogroll.

epeius said...

Thank U very much,Mick!
Great to know you here!
I will,ah.